Friday, May 18, 2018

The Art of the Day



Everybody knows why pastry rules
But no one ever asked
Why
The cookie crumbles
Check ‘em out, how they grasp at the vivid
Baubles of us rich kids
Your effort if you wanna call it that,
Is not something I got
Respect for cuz if art
Means ducking under
Reason’s radar and woefully
Fabricating complexity
All to make a boy a touch closer
To trending, then hell,
You can do it all baby,
Without me.
               
It’s like that big famous museum
You know,
That one,
You see that shining lady over there, or that man with
Glittering eyes.
O! How they weep
For the hanging piece
It’s like the last bit of
A puzzle, But
It’s not
And all that proves it
Is that noise
When someone who
Really works
Vacuums the floor next door.

But hey I got my illusions too,
All tastes aside,
And since I’ve sworn
Up and down to take it
All very seriously,
Because I know I’m not allowed to laugh
About this n that
Or conflate honor with
Some dumbass
With a dictionary and an expensive camera
And a chip on his shoulder but,
Look, anyone can come home
From wherever to see
The sort of business us lesser
Grunts have been up to
From climbing peaks to digging pits
Both familiar and far and fun and not so much, but
My mind hasn’t changed
And though this is all a whole lot
Of fun
It really is
Undeniably
Stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
All works by Daniel Kushnir is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.